Merlopam-2 Lorazepam 2 mg
Brand name: Merlopam-2 Lorazepam 2 mg by Mersifarma
Treatment: Sleeping difficulties caused by anxiety, Short-term anxiety, epileptic fits.
Quantity per pack: 30 x 2 mg tablets
Price per pill: £1.25
Active Ingredient: Lorazepam
- Sleeping difficulties due to anxiety
- Short-term anxiety
- Calming or sleeping in critical care
- Before surgery
- Before dental surgery
- Chemotherapy induced nausea
- Chemotherapy induced vomiting
- Epileptic fits
Merlopam-2 Lorazepam 2 mg can also be used for other purposes that are not listed here.
- Dependence on lorazepam
- Appetite changes
- Liver dysfunction
- Sleep disturbance
- Visual disturbances
- Excessive sleepiness
- Fall in blood pressure
- Mood changes
- Suicidal tendencies
- Worsening of lung diseases
- Changes in salivation
- Change in libido
- Skin allergy
- Daytime drowsiness
- Unsteady movement
- Irregular breathing when asleep
Merlopam-2 Lorazepam 2 mg may also cause side-effects not listed here. If you do notice other side-effects not listed, contact a doctor or your GP for medical advice. We stock other Lorazepam products such as Temesta Lorazepam 2.5 mg by Neuraxpharm. The active ingredient of Merlopam is Lorazepam. This medicine is available in 0.5 mg and 2 mg versions. Etisafe-3 Etizolam 3 mg is also worth noting.
- Do not drive or operate machinery
- Do not take this medication for no longer than 4 months
- It may be habit-forming
- May cause sleeping problems, anxiety to return, headache, restlessness, confusion, irritability, tension, depression, muscle pain, or sweating
When not to use
- Acute narrow angle glaucoma
- Respiratory depression
- Severe hepatic impairment
This medicine should not be given to children below 12 years old. Nor should it be taken by woman who are pregnant or breastfeeding
How long do I need to use this medicine before I see improvement of my conditions?Users have reported improvements happening the same day and within 2 hours as most common time it takes before they saw improvements in their conditions. These times may not be reflective of what you may experience or how you should use this medicine. Please consult with your doctor to check how long do you need to use Merlopam.
At what frequency do I need to use Merlopam?Users have reported once a day and once a week as the most common frequency of using. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how often you need to Merlopam.
Should I take on an empty stomach, before food or after food?Users have most commonly reported using Merlopam after food. However, this may not be reflective of how you should use this medicine. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you should use this medicine. Click here and view survey results to find out what other patients report as timing of using.
Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when using this product?If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or a headache as side-effects when using Merlopam then it may not be safe to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes you drowsy, dizzy or lowers your blood-pressure extensively. Pharmacists also advise patients not to drink alcohol with medicines as alcohol intensifies drowsiness side-effects. Please check for these effects on your body when using Merlopam. Always consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body and health conditions.
Is this medicine or product addictive or habit forming?Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction or abuse. Usually, the government’s categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Examples include schedule H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US. Please consult the product package to make sure that the medicine does not belong to such special categorizations of medicines. Lastly, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without the advice of a doctor.
Can i stop using this product immediately or do I have to slowly wean off the use?Some medicines need to be tapered or cannot be stopped immediately because of rebound effects. Please consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body, health and other medications that you may be using.
Missing a dose
- Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Merlopam, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to over dosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets. Also, do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard them.
- Taking a single dose of expired Merlopam is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired medicines may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drugs. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.