Artvigil-150mg Armodafinil reduces extreme sleepiness due to narcolepsy and other sleep disorders, such as periods of stopped breathing during sleep (obstructive sleep apnea). It is also used to help you stay awake during work hours if you have a work schedule that keeps you from having a normal sleep routine (shift work sleep disorder).
This medication does not cure these sleep disorders and may not get rid of all your sleepiness. Armodafinil does not take the place of getting enough sleep. It should not be used to treat tiredness or hold off sleep in people who do not have a sleep disorder.
It is not known how armodafinil works to keep you awake. It is thought to work by affecting certain substances in the brain that control the sleep/wake cycle.
How to use Armodafinil
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Armodafinil?
If you are allergic to armodafinil or any other drugs, foods, or substances, tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had. You must also make your doctor If you have any history of heart problems or heart valve problems.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with armodafinil. Make sure to tell your doctor about any drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take armodafinil with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Armodafinil?
- Tell your doctor that you take Artvigil-150mg Armodafinil. This includes doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine is not a cure for sleep problems and does not replace sleep. Stay under the care of your doctor.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how armodafinil affects you. You may also need to avoid doing these things if you do not feel awake enough after taking armodafinil. If you still feel sleepy after taking armodafinil, talk with your doctor.
- This medicine may be habit-forming with long-term use.
- If you stop taking armodafinil all of a sudden, you may have signs of withdrawal. Tell your doctor if you have any bad effects.
- Check blood pressure and heart rate as the doctor has told you.
- You may need to have some heart tests before starting armodafinil. If you have questions, talk with your doctor.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking armodafinil.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
- Limit your use of caffeine (for example, tea, coffee, cola) and chocolate. Use with armodafinil may cause nervousness, shakiness, and a fast heartbeat.
- Mental or mood problems like depression and suicidal thoughts have happened with armodafinil. Sometimes, people needed to get treated in a hospital. If you have ever had any mental or mood problems, talk with your doctor.
- A severe and sometimes deadly reaction has happened. Most of the time, this reaction has signs like fever, rash, or swollen glands with problems in body organs like the liver, kidney, blood, heart, muscles and joints, or lungs. If you have questions, talk with the doctor.
- If you are 65 or older, use armodafinil with care. You could have more side effects.
- This medicine is not approved for use in children. Very bad rashes have happened in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work as well to prevent pregnancy. Use some other kind of birth control also, like a condom, when taking armodafinil and for 1 month after the last dose.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
Use Artvigil-150mg Armodafinil as ordered by your doctor. Read through all the information provided to you, and follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Although if taken with food, armodafinil may take longer to work.
- Shift work sleep problem: Take 1 hour before the start of work.
- Narcolepsy and sleep apnea: Take armodafinil in the morning.
If you forget to take a scheduled dose, simply take the missed dose as soon as you think about it. However, if it is near bedtime, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I would need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of heart problems like chest pain, fast heartbeat, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, or shortness of breath.
- Signs of high blood pressure like very bad headache or dizziness, passing out, or change in eyesight.
- Signs or symptoms of depression, suicidal thoughts, emotional ups and downs, abnormal thinking, anxiety, or lack of interest in life.
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there).
- Change in how you act.
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Feeling confused.
- Swollen gland.
- Swelling in the arms or legs.
- Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
- Not able to pass urine or change in how much urine is passed.
- Fever, chills, or sore throat; any unexplained bruising or bleeding; or feeling very tired or weak.
- Muscle or joint pain.